Saturday, August 8, 2009

Radiation Week 1 Done!!


Hello!

This is just a quick update to let everyone know that my first week of radiation went really well. Every weekday morning Laura, Leslie and I get up and make the 30 mintute drive to the hospital. The girls sit in the waiting room right off from my treatment area and do a little homework within sight of the technicians. The whole process (including my changing into the hospital gown and out) usually takes about 30minutes. I have 4 purple marks on my skin that the techs use to line me up for the treatment each morning. I jokingly call the marks my crosshairs. I am not experiencing any discomfort as yet. We usually end each treatment with a trip to the hospital gift shop where the girls pick up a 10 cent candy or treat for hanging in there with me.

This week I dropped the bandanas and the wig. It is August afterall and hot. It feels good. I look like an army recruit but it's just fine with me. I get ready in the mornings now in half the time. :)

The Knoxville Race for the Cure is coming up October 24th. I have started a team called the GOD IS BIGGER THAN CANCER team and entered our breast cancer shirt into a Tshirt contest. (I think we should win it but of course I am a little biased). I will be sending out emails in the next week inviting all who are interested to join us either through donations or in the walk itself. I am very excited about it. I hope if there are several of us in our shirts people will see what a difference God has made in our lives and want that same blessed assurance that only He can give. Lots of love,

Kerry

5 comments:

  1. Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blog Links” with over 600 other cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources and more. Please stop by and visit. If you like the site, please consider adding Being Cancer to your blogroll.
    Take care, Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, you are beautiful. Your eyes are so pretty. They certainly are a mirror to your soul. We love you so much.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Your title is my signature in my blog. :) I had Ovarian cancer and my hair looks a lot like yours right now. I'm going to add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful no matter how you wear your hair and I agree with Shirley your eyes are gorgeous. Love ya.

    Jane Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kerry,

    I am so glad to see you finish week one of radiation and work on week two. I am thankful that you haven't had any side effects. I pray that will continue as you move forward. I want you to be able to move past these treatments.
    You look great! It is nice to see all that hair come back. I think you should go with a spikey hairdo! We will have to look around and see which one is your favorite.
    I will miss seeing you when I go home, but will be counting down the weeks with you. I would love to come down and be on your Race for the Cure team. I know it will be a fun time if you are in charge! Try to stay out of trouble (at least until I get here).
    Take care of yourself, Kerry.
    Remember how much we all love you,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete