Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why God Gave Me Great Sisters

Hello!

Yesterday out of the blue I had a question pop into my head. "Why did God give me my sisters?"

God has given me two of the best women in the world as my sisters. God has also given me alot of wonderful spirit sisters, women who I have connected with who prayed for me and cheered me on in my fight. I believe God brought these women into my life for lots of reasons. One reason I believe was to show me how to be a "spirit sister" to others. One way I do this is to follow the stories of these remarkable women and pray for them daily. Many have links on the side of my page. Others I follow on caringbridge.

There are two whose links I want to share with you today. The first is Emily, a young mom earning her PhD with a fantastic fighting spirit. www.emesurvivor.wordpress.com The second is Sarah, an amazing 24 year old with awesome faith. www.sarahkathryndavis.blogspot.com

Please pray for them and lift them up in the fight. Lots of love,

Kerry

9 comments:

  1. Kerry,

    I love you and I love being your sister. I am so proud of you.
    I so appreciate all the breast cancer survivors who have encouraged you this past year.
    When I think of courage; I think of you.
    I know you will be an encouragement to others.
    Take care of yourself, Kerry.
    Remember how much we all love you.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters are such a blessing, whether they are actual blood relatives or sisters-in-Christ! May you have a blessed day, "sister!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Kerry! I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for your witness and encouragement to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is forgetful. I think the residual thing with my chemo brain is that I often have to deliberately think about what day of the week it is. I was doing that yesterday...kept thinking it was Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry,

    WOW, I am definitly in the Christmas spirit after reading your last two blogs :-) I have been so blessed by God and can still get bogged down at Christmas and forget the true joy of the holiday.

    One of the things I am most thankful for this Christmas is your health and the way you have let God use you to be a blessing to others. We are so thankful for all the "spirit sisters" who showed you and us such love and support this past year. What a mighty impact they had!

    I think Leslie is right and this is going to be the "Best Christmas Ever!"

    All my love,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry, sisters are certainly wonderful. These last few weeks, I have especially appreciated my sisters. I find that I must say, "I love you" more often. It is just so important to me that they know this. I have also become more aware of how God has made us different. He has given each of us different strenghts as well as weaknesses. We love you.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry,
    Thank you for the scripture. It's a pretty appropriate passage. I spent some time yesterday reading through your blog from Jan 2009 to present. You've had an amazing journey during this past year and are clearly a remarkable woman with lots of umphh and fight! It's been a pleasure to read about your triumphs. I'm now armed with my own copy of Cancer Vixen for my next treatment! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi I love you mom

    love leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kerry,
    Continue with the great encouragement you are giving to many and may God Almighty meet you at your point of need in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

    Bro. Chester
    www.prayer-for-cancer-patients.com

    ReplyDelete