Sunday, April 26, 2009

MS Walk!


Hello prayer warriors!

We broke out our tennis shoes and shorts! It was hot! It was fun as Brooke and I completed the 3 mile Multiple Sclerosis walk yesterday! It was such a privilege to walk with Brooke in her mother's memory. We raised some money for the cause, passed out some cards about the shirts and got lots of good information. It was so exciting to see all those people rallying around this cause and inspiring to meet some MS survivors and hear their stories. It made us think about how each person is unique with their own struggles. Each trial, each obstacle we face makes us who we are and therefore sets us up for God to use us in HIS way and in HIS time.

I can't wait for the upcoming cancer events where we can proudly wear more of our GOD IS SO MUCH BIGGER shirts!

The side effects started hitting last night, some heartburn and minor stomach trouble but nothing major. I am still doing well and plugging along toward the chemo finish line!! Thanks for the continued prayer! Lots of love,

Kerry

2 comments:

  1. HI Kerry, I came to your site thru the LunaB Tee site ~ which I came to from another blog :) I emailed Michelle about creating a pediatric cancer tee. She replied saying she would work on it and I'm thrilled to see that you posted it is in the works. My Mom is a breast cancer survivor and my son is in treatment for Leukemia...so the t-shirt's are near and dear to my heart. My prayers are with you as you aproach the end of chemo...may you remain forever cancer free. I look forward to following your journey and you sharing your faith. Congratulations on completing the MS Walk...I have a friend with MS as well...so many tshirts to buy!!! Anyway, I'm rambling...

    May God's peace be with you...

    Suzanne

    www.caringbridge.org/visit/philipendres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry,

    It was an honor and a privilege for me that you walked the MS walk-a-thon with me. I am amazed at the way God has blessed you with mild side effects from the chemo. I can't believe you were able to participate in a walk-a-thon 2 days after chemo. That is amazing to me. You are an inspiration to me and a wonderful friend!

    Praise the Lord for 5 chemo treatments down with only 1 more to go! I will continue to pray that your last chemo treatment goes as well as your first 5 have gone.

    I love the songs on your blog!!

    Love,
    Brooke :)

    P.S. Suzanne, I will begin praying for your son who has Leukemia. I will pray for healing and for strength for your family.

    ReplyDelete