Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Prayer for Upcoming Events

Hello dear family and friends!

I've been doing well since my last post.

The last round of chemo was harder, but I am so thankful for it. God is so good. For every moment that is a struggle I have a thousand more that are so, so wonderful.

On Thursday I will have an MRI to determine how much if any of the cancer remains. We know it has shrunk down dramatically. Please pray that it has been knocked out for good!

I want to remind everyone that Brooke Estrada from Las Vegas will be doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on June 27th and 28th. It is a 2 day 39 mile walk through the Colorado Rockies. Let's cheer her on! Please continue to pray for Brooke as she prepares for the walk. Help her reach her goal of raising $1800 in the fight against breast cancer! Cut and paste this link to go to her personal web page:
http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/Denver?px=3863583&pg=personal&fr_id=1810&et=93jebOVkVWWbZfOynpKaeg..&s_tafId=383633

Go Brooke!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kerry, I've been thinking about you so much lately and praying for you in all those decisions you have to make with your upcoming surgery. I'm so thankful that your chemo treatments are now behind you. God is so good - sometimes we just have to get through the toughness of the situation to see that He was there. The poem "Footprints" always comes to mind for me.
    Lets pray about Meredith's foot! She doesn't have time to slow down - she's got a summer to plan for!! It'll be so fun have your girls up. I'm sure the boys are bracing themselves for all that pink!
    I'll be praying especially for tomorrow's MRI. Let us all know how it goes!

    Love and Hugs
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry,

    I am so glad you have been feeling better. Chemo was rough, but you did a great job. I am so thankful that the doctors could treat your cancer, and the chemo is behind you.
    I have been praying over the MRI tomorrow. I want the cancer to be gone for good!
    We will be praying for Brooke as she does the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. She is an inspiration!
    Take care of yourself, Kerry.
    Remember how much I love you,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you this morning. Can't say this too much. You are a strong and beautiful woman. A daughter of the King of creation. Chemo is over. History. Steriods are leaving your body. God has you under his wing my friend. You are right. He's got our back. You will find yourself again, feeling better soon. Remember. Survivng to share. Evie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sweet Kerry,

    We are all so glad that you passed the Chemo Graduation (I must say in a very bubbly, pink kind of way) and are well on the way to the next big hurdle-the surgery. We will all be praying for wisdom and guidance for you and the doctors. Since we can't see into the future we sometimes torment ourselves with "what ifs", but I'm praying that God's guidance will make the choices relatively easy.

    Remember in the upcoming months why you are such a special person. Your strong faith, character, strength and sweet encouraging spirit are what comes shining through :-) We are all so proud to stand with you in this battle and to cheer you on as you reach the cancer finish line.

    We will also be praying for Brooke as she hikes 39 miles in the Colorado Rockies. I must say that the Race for the Cure is more my style :-) I'm not sure my part in the Race will even be a race, but I can sure walk fast :-) I really look forward to participating in that with you and so many friends.

    We love you Kerry and will continue to pray you through this journey!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. i found you while searching for local blogs. i live in sevierville. the battle is HIS, the victory is yours, and the victory is sweet. much love to you, angelia

    ReplyDelete