Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fatigued but Fulfilled

Hello all Prayer Warriors out there!

Today I woke up after a full night of rest absolutely exhausted. I have never felt so drained in my life. The thought of just getting up and making breakfast was overwhelming to me. For a moment I had a mental image of myself in a wheelchair getting chemo treatments and it really bothered me. Thank goodness Randy was able to just stay home today. After a couple of hours of rest I am feeling so much better and able to enjoy another day again.

Yesterday my Dad, Laura, Leslie and I made a visit to the radiologist's office in North Knoxville. I had the privilege of seeing Julie (the nurse who had encouraged me after my biopsy) again. What a joy it was to give her a big hug and thank her for all the comfort and compassion she had shown me and Randy on that day! I gave her about 5 shirts along with some breast cancer pins and contact information about myself and the local breast cancer support group. Julie was so excited about the shirts that she took me back into the office to show them to some of the other nurses. I also had the opportunity to give one of the shirts to an amazing woman named Angela. She has two sisters just like me and is a breast cancer survivor. Two of the sisters have already had breast cancer. She had just finished an MRI procedure to see if the cancer had returned. I was blown away by her smiles and faith in the midst of what she was going through.

Julie said she had seen alot of young women diagnosed recently with breast cancer and that the need for prayer was great. Please pray for these women and for Angela. My heart really goes out to them.

As I close today I would like to leave you with the message "Cancer is so limited." It was on the card Julie sent to me following my diagnosis.

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot rob our peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot quench the Spirit.
Cancer is so limited
-Anonymous

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kerry, I've been praying especially for your strength. Satan knows just how to get at us when we're down (I was reminded of that just recently). My prayers are for you to stay strong in your faith too. You and your sisters are just so special to all of us and we all wish we could just wave a magic wand and poof all of this would be gone. But God calls us according to his purpose and for now all He requires of us is to trust Him and know His way is the best way. Great blessing come to those who just say "Here I am Lord". Keep up the good work He's created in you!!!

    Love and Hugs!!!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I have just now read the blog. I'm so sorry that you woke up so exhausted. There is a scripture passage that has been on my mind for you today. Ephesians 3: 20 tells us: Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, (NKJV)

    Your prayer warriors are petitioning Him for you. Here, He is telling me that He is able to do more for you than I can even think. I picture you healthy and laughing and active. God is saying He can do even more than this for you. We know His power is working in you now. We have seen the evidense. God is on your side. Hang in there. This, to, shall pass. Tomorrow will be another day.

    We love you.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry,

    I am sorry you were so tired today. I am thankful Randy was able to stay home and be with you and the girls. I am praying that this fatigue will pass and you will be able to go to coop tomorrow and get your hug quota.
    I was thinking today of all the fun things we have coming up. March 20th is sisters' weekend. I will be down to Tennessee sometime soon. Maybe we can drop more shirts off at the cancer center. You and Shannon will come up this summer so that we can get all the kids together. We can have all our King George family over for dessert.
    Kerry, we have so many great days and years ahead. We get to watch seven children grow up and see who they become.
    You are doing such a great job. I am so proud of you. I am praying you will feel better soon.
    Take care of yourself and stay out of trouble (at least until I can come down to join you).
    Remember how much I love you,

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Kerry,

    In language class at shcool on Wed. we had a Thought For the Day and I thought that this would fit you...

    "Conditions are always changing; therefore, I must not be dependent upon conditions. What matters supremely is my Soul and my relation ship with God."
    ~Corrie ten Boom~


    I just felt that might help your day and remind you that all that matters is your faith in God. I know you will get through this ok and that God will give you the strength you need. I will keep you in my prayers util you are completly better and you can do everything normal again. I love you!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kerry,

    I am so proud to have a sister like you :-) You have been so strong and brave. I know that Satan loves to make us fearful, but remember the verse in 2 Timothy that says, "Thou has not given us a spirit us fear, but of LOVE, and POWER and DISCIPLINE." When fearful images come to mind, see if you can find a Bible verse to defy them with.
    Heather just mentioned to me that she thinks when you are feeling lonely or down you should listen to the song "Welcome Home You", by Brian Litterell. It says "You're never far, I will be where you are, so when you come to me, I'll open my arms. Welcome home you, I know you by name, how do you do, I shine because of you today, so come and see this, tell me how you are, you know daughter it's good just to see your face!!! Heather says it means that if you are sad or feeling scared, that God will be there with you always and that he loves you just as you are. When you come to him he will accept you no matter what!!! God isn't concerned with how we look or how much we have done, he just wants to be with us :-) I think Heather is sometimes very wise for a 12 year old :-)

    We will be praying for renewed energy tomorrow and that fearful images of wheelchairs will be banished!!! Remember how much we all love you.

    Your big sis,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Kerry,
    My prayer for you today and throughout the rest of your chemo treatments comes from:

    Isaiah 41:10
    Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    My prayer is especially that God will give you strength and will uphold you when you feel exhausted and weak. That your fears will diminish and satan will be rebuked.

    You are doing great. Sometimes when we feel really good we forget that we still have to take time to rest and be restored and that is ok. If you have to rest during the day that is ok, that is your "norm" at this time in life.

    God is doing great things in your life and therefore He will continue to give you the strength and power you need, and we will continue to pray that for you.

    Much love,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete