Friday, February 6, 2009

The Only Creepy Coincidence

Hello dear friends and family!

Today was another blessed day spent with my sister and friends at coop. I am looking forward to a weekend full of such fellowship with some pep moms pals and my inlaws.

After sharing with you all about my biopsy experience the other day, I thought now would be a good time to share with you the only negative "coincidence" I have experienced throughout all this. In fact it was down right creepy, all because of the source. The good coincidences I have no doubt have all come from our great Heavenly Father and His divine plan for my life.

This "creepy" experience occurred the very night of that horrible biopsy. You only have to guess what mental state I was in at that time. Even with the encouragement of Randy, my family and that special nurse I told you about named Julie, I was terrified. I knew the lymph node had been swollen since at least mid October. This was January. I knew the cancer was very aggesssive. I had only to wonder how far it had traveled...to my lungs, to my bones, to my brain, to my liver? As you can imagine, sleep that night was hard to come by but (with a little medication) I finally did fall asleep. Then at exactly 2 am that night, the phone rang. Randy and I let the answering machine pick it up. It was what most people would call a "prank call" except it was unlike any I have ever heard before. This was not a group of teenagers giggling on the other line. This was not some silly drunk. This was a grown man with a very deep voice, almost incomprehensible except for a tirade of obscenities. Although Randy did not hear this, I believe I also heard him say something about Jews. Now Randy and I are not Jewish but this gave me chills none the less. Whoever, whatever this person was immediately sank me back into my fear. For the rest of the night I lay shivering in bed. For the next three nights at exactly 2 am I woke up, let my worries consume me and became terrified and shivering. Randy would sometimes just wrap his arms around me and try to calm me down but, as you can imagine, it was not easy to do.

Although I do not know for sure, we both were deeply struck by this "prank call" and have speculated as to its source. I contemplated playing back the answering machine message to try to decipher it further but it was SO EVIL sounding I couldn't bear to do it. All I can tell you was that it felt exactly like a spiritual attack. Fortunately in the days that followed I knew I was being covered in prayer and then all of the good "coincidences" began to become so clear to me.

Later on this weekend, I will share with you what happened on the fourth night after that prank call.

Tomorrow please pray for my sister Mitzi and her family. They will be traveling home to VA. Have a blessed weekend! Lots of love,
Kerry

3 comments:

  1. Just letting you know- your sunshine through this brightens this world and all who know you! You must have some good boxing gloves on!Sending all my love to you friend.
    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 91 has been a comfort to me. Verse 4 says, "He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Verse 11 and 12 tells us, "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. This verse was brought to my attention by a dear older neighbor early in the morning after Randy had called us in the middle of the night to let us know he was being deployed. I was full of fear and sadness and I must admit I was crying a lot. Since that time, I have turned to this psalm more than once. I remember the calming effect that morning just realizing we do not go it alone.

    I know that you have scriptural passages that speak to you and give you comfort. I just wanted to share this one with you and what it has meant to me.

    Mitzi and her family will be in our prayers as they travel home. I know you and Shannon and the family will miss her. I just thought of another point of thanksgiving - cell phones and computers that keep us connected without having to pay long distance rates enabling us to communicate any time we feel the need.

    We love you all.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kerry,

    You have left us hanging!!! I hate having to be patient,as Kerry knows that is not one of my strengths :-) It is especially difficult for me to wait to finish a good book or story. Oh well, while I wait and work on patience to hear what happened on the fourth night, I hope you are having a wonderful time of prayer, support and fellowship with your Pep Moms friends. I am so glad that the side effects of chemo have not stopped you from doing things you love. We will keep praying that this will be the case the entire 18 weeks!!

    I love the verses in Psalms 91 that Nana quoted. They certainly show Gods loving protection over us whether we are far away at war or shivering in bed from fear of what the future may hold. I will be praying these verses over you that there will be no other negative coincidences in the future!!:-) We love you dearly Kerry!! I look forward to seeing you on Monday :-) Tell Randy that there will be a culinary delight waiting for him on Monday night :-)

    Your big sis,

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete