Monday, February 9, 2009

Symptoms of Inner Peace

Hello all! I woke up this morning feeling great! This weekend was so very precious to me. We spent the whole day yesterday as a family. This weekend Laura told Randy that she was so glad he was her dad. Those moments are so precious and it just made my heart so happy.

Yesterday Leslie never did develop a fever. This morning she was still itching a little bit but there was no visual sign of her rash at all. This afternoon she seems to have forgotten all about it. What a huge answer to prayer!!

Today I would like to share with you something I learned at the Pep Moms retreat on Saturday. Our speaker was Marla Delong, a counselor through Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church. She was absolutely fantastic and the fellowship with those other moms on Saturday was such a blessing to me. Marla had us do a couple neat exercises. One of them was to read the information below to see whether or not we had "inner peace."

Symptoms of Inner Peace
Author Unknown

* Be on the lookout for the following symptoms of inner peace:

1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging other people.
4. A loss of interest in judging self.
5. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
6. A loss of conflict.
7. A loss of the ability to worry (This is a very serious symptom).
8. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling.
11. An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
12. An increased susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it!

*Warning
If you have some of all of these symptoms, please be advised that your condition of inner peace may be so far advanced as to not be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms, remain exposed at your own risk!

After reading this at the retreat, I just had to smile and write on my sheet "Me to a T." But I could not have said this a month ago, especially on #4, 5, 7, 11. I'm not saying I won't ever slip back on a number or two, but I have learned that life is so precious, y'all. If you have inner peace you LIVE and LOVE every minute of it. That is my wish for every one of you out there today. Lots of love,

Kerry

4 comments:

  1. Kerry,

    I am so glad you are feeling great! Let's keep the iron pills coming. I hope that Leslie continues to feel better. We need her back to her cheerful, energetic self!
    I loved what you wrote, Kerry. I copied it down so I could look at it later. You are right. Life is too precious to waste. Every day is such a blessing. Several times during the day I think how today is a great day.
    I look at John and am so thankful to be married to him. I can't believe we are so fortunate to be raising our three chidren. I am so thankful for my family and all of our friends who have been so good to us. We are so blessed.
    Kerry, I hope you feel how much your are loved.
    I will talk to you soon,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry
    You continue to be a source of joy to me. I love reading your comments. I have known your sister for many years and love her like my own sister but through this I have had the honor to get to know you better and love you. You are one special woman.

    What a testimony to God you have been.. We never know where God will lead us or take us, even in the valleys of darkness but He promises us that He will never leave us or forsake us and you are testifying to that by what had happened the other night. You have shared with us how real and powerful He has been in your life.

    I believe that God has great things in store for you Kerry through this journey and because He is being honored and glorified you will be under spiritual attack but stand strong you have a powerful army of prayer warriors on your side praying for you and your family. I love the verse in Isaiah 41:10

    ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

    What a wonderful God we serve.

    Keep your faith, your courage and your sense of humor - I love you and continue to pray for you, for Randy, your children, your sisters and your parents.

    Love
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful that you are finding so much joy and peace and LIFE out of this experience! You are such an inspiration! Reading your words uplifts me and helps me realize God's blessings in my own life. Thank you for sharing your wonderful spirit, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry,

    I will reiterate what we have all said many times....you truly are an inspiration to me and so many other women. I am so proud of you and the way you are dealing with all this. I hope that I can be just half the woman you are when I must face trying times. You have shown us time and time again how Faith and Trust in the Lord WILL sustain us through the speed bumps of life. I too, love the mental picture I formed when I read of the moonlight enveloping you. It was such a visual picture for me to see how the Lord surrounds us daily with His love and protection. Thank you Kerry for helping me to remember to be thankful every minute of the day for all the many blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me! Even the blessing of cleaning the bathrooms and the many, many loads of laundry each week! I am thankful I have a nice, warm house and clothes to wear and wonderful healthy boys to help get evrything dirty!!! :)I have found myself whistling "Count Your Blessings" a lot the past few days! Kerry, I know the Lord has great things in store for you. A huge blessing is waiting you for your obediance, faithfulness, and your witness to the Lord! Lots of love sent your way from King George!!

    Love,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete